Restylane is a brand of hyaluronic acid–based facial fillers used to smooth wrinkles. Different types of Restylane can be used for various needs, including:
- lip enhancement
- targeting lines around your mouth
- adding volume to your cheeks
- minimizing dark circles under your eyes
Hyaluronic acid naturally occurs in the connective tissue of skin, so it’s most commonly used in aesthetic procedures.
Almost anyone can get Restylane since the procedure is easily done and recovery is quick.
You should avoid Restylane if you’re:
- allergic to bacterial protein
- taking blood thinners
- pregnant or breastfeeding
- under age 21